Friday, May 24, 2013

I see puzzles everywhere!

My wife and I went to therapy (shocking right, not everything is perfect in paradise!) and in the lobby, was a fantastic painting of downtown Charlotte Amalie on St. Thomas. From the moment I saw it, I wanted to puzzle it! I just cant stand the idea of buying art I can't put together. So here it is, I am going to get with the artist and work to make this puzzle happen. I think 12000 pieces landscape would work really well. (think Clementoni's 13200 David)

I found this photo puzzle maker in the USA and they look like they are turning out quality puzzles! We are going to order one and I will get back to you on the quality. I am hoping they might work with us to get the puzzle made.

Downtown Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas USVI painting. Wouldn't this be an awesome puzzle?!?!
 

4 comments :

  1. It is cool looking. I don't know if I could see it in that large a format...12,000 pieces seems like a LOT and something reserved only for very select types of art. However, I could see this in a 2,000 or piece version.

    My ideal LARGE format puzzle would be similar to the Life one in that it would be a compilation of a lot of different artwork by a particular artist...Thomas Kinkade. He is my favorite artist ever. He died a couple of years ago now, but I think it would be so fantastic if someone were to make a collage of some of his work. I'm thinking of at least an 18,000 piece puzzle if not closer to 30,000 or so. Do you guys like Thomas Kinkade's work at all?

    I wish you luck on getting this made up though. It would be really neat if you could work with the artist and a puzzle company to get it made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its funny you ask, I dont "hate" his work, but I dont care for it. There are always a lot of them in a store whenever we go puzzle shopping. I always say something like, oh great, another Kinkade.... But that is the great thing about Art, it's for each person. I have been taking note of my art tastes lately and I think it centers around "POP" artists like Rizzy, Britto, Haring, Dali et al.

      Delete
  2. Oh, and I didn't mean to ignore the bigger meaning behind this post. Sorry to hear that you're needing therapy, but so glad to hear that you're seeking help if needed. My best friend since the first day of kindergarten (a very LONG time ago!!!) just had her husband of 18 years walk out on her and her young kids. He refused to get any kind of help from a therapist and just preferred to abandon his family rather than be a man and at least give it a try....makes me very sad. I certainly hope your situation will have much better results. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we are fine. We have a pretty crazy story. Here it is, everyone tells us we should make a movie, so I started writing it down a while ago. http://sexdrugsandjigsawpuzzles.blogspot.com/2013/05/our-story-well-some-of-it.html

      Delete