Monday, May 27, 2013

Arms Race - The Worlds Largest Commercial Jigsaw Puzzle

I was interested in owning all of the "largest" puzzles at time or another.

It appears the following are candidates

First 5000????
First 6000????
First 8000????
First 9000????
Ravensburger -12,000 Temptation of St. Peter
Clementoni - 13,200 Sacred and Profane Love
Ravensburger  18,000 4 Historical World Maps
Welktkarten 20,000 4 World Maps
Educa - 24,000 Life
Ravensburger - 32,000 Double Retrospect




UPDATE: View this article http://sexdrugsandjigsawpuzzles.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-big-boys.html

1 comment :

  1. Sorry, I wish I could help you out, but I have no idea what would be the first puzzle released at those numbers over the years. Scott might be able to provide you some better insight since he's been doing them for so long.

    The only thing I would question as I am not sure which came first - the 18,000 4 Historical Maps puzzle by Ravensburger or 18,000 Tropical Impressions....I think that one might also be Ravensburger, but I'm not sure.

    If that doesn't work, then you might try www.jigsawjungle.com, and use the contact us feature to ask the owners questions. They're really nice, and at one time they even had an entire page dedicated to their building process for the Life puzzle. They were among the first 100 to complete it.

    Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete