Monday, June 17, 2013

Tower of Babel, the irony and counting

I don't ever count a puzzle as in the closet until it is actually in the closet. Today, after a month, the Pieter Bruegel the Elder 's Tower of Babel (9000pc from Ravensburger) showed up today even though the tracking page says it is still in Germany... The irony is I have had  a tuff time communicating with the seller regarding this puzzle as I complained that it was seriously delayed. When I picked up the puzzle from the post office, I could HEAR pieces rattling around (not a good sound when you are expecting a sealed puzzle) and a piece literally fell out!

So close, but no cigar! I am hoping to get a refund because either the seller did not properly ship the puzzle (NOTE: If you are shipping an opened puzzle, make sure to put lose pieces in some sort of sealable bag, being in a box is not guarantee of safe delivery) or it was damaged in shipping/customs. Either way, its the sellers problem.

I am however, taking the time to count all the open pieces.... so far I have counted 1000.....

In other news, I picked up some amazing coffee mugs from the Britto Store in the Miami airport. Britto is certainly one of my favorite artists and we will soon be doing his 5000 pieces Garden puzzle! If you don't know who Britto is, take a look here!

While I am counting, M is busy putting the woody together. Want to play a fun game, count how many puzzles you can see in this picture!


Not a good sign when you open a box...


How to count 4560 pieces? Use stacks of 10. This makes it so you dont have to "count" each one, just make them the same size and you can double check your work. 3560 to go (hopefully)


M working on The Battle of Carnival and Lent while I count Tower of Babel...


WTF, who ships a puzzle like this.... so disappointed.


2000 counted... 


Our new Britto coffee mugs! Mine is the heart, cause I am sensitive  her's is the cat, cause if you rub her belly more than 3 times, she will bite your arm off

8 comments :

  1. That's terrible! Man, I hope you are able to get a refund on this one. Did they tell you that the puzzle was open? Is it just one bag (section) that's open or are ALL 9,000 pieces mixed already? How frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The listing is down, but it said unopened, the pieces were loosely in the other bag, a piece of tape would have gone a LONG way!

      Delete
    2. One bag is still sealed.

      Delete
  2. Sorry, that is really a bummer, but hopefully you'll have some luck getting your money back through Ebay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow thanks Tom, I had never heard of Britto so i googled Britto Jigsaw puzzles and found this one on Amazon, LOVE LOVE LOVE, just clicked the buy button. Cant wait for this one, its gonna be so much fun. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CNTUISK/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am SOOOOO Jealous! I want this one really bad! I think I might get it for my birthday (July 3rd in case anyone wants to send me a puzzle :-)). Britto is amazing!

      Delete
  4. Oh BTW love your coffee mugs too, they are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a mess regarding the Tower of Babel! I guess that you should have 9120 pieces - otherwise there are really pieces missing - good luck!

    BtW: the mugs are lovely! :-D

    ReplyDelete