Friday, June 21, 2013

New Big Boy Discovered!

Today I found a new Big Boy on ebay Italy! What's really cool about this find is that its a total mystery. It is a Milton Bradley "Maxi Series" 6000 piece puzzle. The name (as I can translate, it's in Italian) is Japanese Garden. I have spent probably 60 hours compiling the big boy list and have never come across anything regarding this series from MB. How exciting, if there is one, that means there most be more! I could not help myself, I contacted the seller and he converted the auction to buy it now! I can't call it new puzzle day (that only happens when it shows up) but I am excited for this one!

Who knew that Milton Bradley made a 6000 piece puzzle? Not me! I bought this one just because of its novelty  I bet its going to be damn near impossible! 

4 comments :

  1. Huh, interesting. I knew MB made puzzles...I've done some over the years, but I also didn't know they made any that large. I'm assuming you did some research on "Maxi Series" but didn't find anything else? Perhaps it's only sold / marketed in Europe or more specifically, Italy. Would be interesting to see if there are more. Cool find though.

    Are you done sorting Section 1 of Life yet or still working on it? Have you put any more pieces together aside from the first two pieces you took the picture of yesterday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Penny, I did finish sorting two nights ago. I just dropped M off at work and had dinner with a friend who showed up with a pile of vinyl records for me! I just fired up some Mile Davis and am about to jump into the clown fish!

      Delete
  2. That's really cool that he gave you all the records. My father used to have a big collection of records, but they were all country. LOL That's all he listened to.

    That's very smart of you to start with the clownfish because they are definitely the hardest part of the whole thing. For me, I sometimes had a difficult time telling on the solid color pieces like yellow, orange, and pink if it was really a piece of clownfish or part of one of the big hot air balloons on top. Of course, I did that sort in the very beginning where I was just looking at the pieces for the first time ever. When I sorted Section 2, it was much easier for me to distinguish between the balloons and the fish. Granted, there are only a couple of clownfish in Section 2, but there are a lot of other colorful fish instead. Much easier this time around when you've been working with the artists use of colors and textures for a while.

    Have fun tonight, and I can't wait to see the next post with color clownfish all over the place. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stayed up til 1 a.m. (really late for me) working on the puzzle. I made some good progress. It felt great to work on it for a few hours at a shot. Will be posting a new update today sometime.

      Can't wait to see your progress too.

      Delete