Friday, March 29, 2013

WANTED: Wedding Feast at Cana (9000pcs by Ravensburger)

The first large puzzle I ever attempted was The Wedding Feast at Cana by Paolo Veronese and printed By Ravensburger in a 9000 piece format! I lost it in a move and it has long since gone out of print! If you have this puzzle for sale or come across it, please please please, let me know!

This puzzle is impressive but nowhere near as impressive as the real thing! Take a look at the real thing in the Louvre http://www.louvre.fr/en/oeuvre-notices/wedding-feast-cana

Can you believe this painting was stolen by Napoleon? I guess if I was Napoleon I would have wanted it too!

The Wedding Feast at Cana by Paolo Veronese is an immense work. Commissioned in 1553 it hung in the  refectory of the Benedictine monastery on the island of San Giorgio Maggiore before it was stolen by Napoleon's troops and sent back to Paris.

This puzzle comes in many size, but I am looking for the 9000 piece version from Ravensburger. If Educa/Ravensburger/Celmentoni want to seriously trump the other in the arms race for the largest jigsaw puzzle, I have a modest proposal; a life size replica of this work! This would be a completed puzzle 22ft high by 32.6 feet long and approximately 228,000 pieces (Given that most 9000 piece puzzles are approximately 4.5ft X 6.3ft completed means they have a piece density of 318 pieces per square foot)!

This would be equivalent to assembling just over 7 Double Retrospects! Given that retail cost is 300 for  Double Retrospect, it would be at least 2100 dollars for the puzzle... I will start saving my pennies! Better yet, does anyone have access to a good set of puzzle dies? Let create this thing!

228,000 piece life size version. Lets do it!

No comments :

Post a Comment