Saturday, August 31, 2013

Eternity II Update

I finally have made some headway on the Eternity II problem. I have all of the pieces faithfully encoded and safely stored. It takes a long time to encode those pieces (about 6 hours with double checking). I have also done my first visualization of the problem!

Below is each piece of the eternity 2 puzzle. It is connected by a colored line to each piece it could possibly be connected to. The color of the line is representative of the 23 patters found on the edges of the physical puzzle. The idea I am investigating is if you remove all but 1 line of each edge color from each piece, will you have a solution to the puzzle? Good question. I will let you know what I come up with!

In other news, I have been making slow progress on the Wedding Feast but this weekend is looking like a  puzzle marathon! M is off work tomorrow and she is really getting close on the Summer Porch!

Talk to you soon!

-Thomas

Eternity II Graph
Eternity II Visualized

No comments :

Post a Comment